Are you a dedicated medical or aesthetic professional seeking a rewarding career opportunity in the field of plastic surgery and aesthetics? Join our team at the Boston Center for Plastic Surgery, where excellence and innovation define our practice.
Why join our team?
As a leading plastic surgery and aesthetics center in the Boston area, we offer a dynamic and collaborative work environment where professionals can thrive. Here's why you should consider a career at the Boston Center for Plastic Surgery:
- Exceptional Reputation: With a reputation for excellence in patient care and innovative procedures, our practice is recognized for providing outstanding results and patient satisfaction.
- Advanced Technology: We invest in state-of-the-art technology and stay at the forefront of industry advancements, ensuring that our team has access to the latest tools and techniques.
- Team Collaboration: Our team approach fosters collaboration among medical and aesthetic professionals. We believe that a cohesive team is essential for delivering the best care to our patients.
- Commitment to Education: We support continuous learning and professional development. Our practice encourages and provides opportunities for further education and training.
Compassionate Care: Patient well-being is at the heart of what we do. We prioritize compassionate care and personalized treatment plans for each individual.
Joining the Boston Center for Plastic Surgery means becoming part of a team dedicated to enhancing the lives of our patients. We are periodically seeking talented professionals for positions in various areas of our practice. Explore current job opportunities below:
Registered Nurse, Plastic Surgery
The Registered Nurse will work alongside the surgeons and other nurses in our healthcare setting. This role will be responsible for circulating, scrubbing, and caring for patients pre- and post-operative while helping patients achieve their desired results and in support of the other staff.
- Pre-oping patients for medical clearance
- Monitoring patients during the procedure and providing post-op care and instructions
- Maintain a safe work environment and play a large role in educating patients on specific procedures, explaining what to expect before, during, and after
- As well as working in the OR, this RN will aid in patient visits, triage, inventory, etc.
- Administering medications and using medical equipment
- Keeping good records and maintaining patients’ charts
- The ability to work as part of a team in a clinical setting
- Maintain a safe, hygienic working environment
- Prepare rooms and medical equipment and decontaminate instruments
- Plastic Surgery Experience – Preferred
- OR experience – 1 Year prior experience Required
- PACU or ICU experience – 1 Year prior experience Required
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited college or university
- Licensure, Certification, Registration: BLS, ALCS certification, Current MA state nursing license
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and, at times, stressful environment with an adaptable personality.
- Necessary to be a proactive person and able to have foresight to prepare for upcoming situations.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Standing for long periods, lifting moderate weight, and working in environments where there may be infectious material
Gap Intern, Plastic Surgery
Have you considered a Gap Year Internship as a Medical Assistant before going to Medical School?
The APDerm Network of Practices consists of multiple brands that share a dedication to delivering exceptional outcomes by making comprehensive dermatology services available and accessible to all patients within their local communities.
As a Gap Intern, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about general, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology
- Obtain valuable patient care that is transferrable to any specialty
- Receive mentorship from practicing Dermatologists
- Maximize your chances of getting into medical school
- Receive medical school interview training
- Collaborate with other Gap Interns
As a Gap Medical Assistant, you can expect to:
- Assist physicians with office procedures for biopsies, surgeries, and treatments for various skin conditions
- Document/scribe for physicians in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Provide patient education and post-operative care instructions
- Work as part of a team within the practice
- APDerm offers competitive pay, paid time off (PTO), sick time, paid holidays, health, dental, and other voluntary benefits, effective on your date of hire.
Under the general supervision of the clinician and reporting directly to the Practice Manager, the Gap Intern shall provide direct and indirect care to a specified group of patients in our Plastic Surgery/Dermatology healthcare setting. Gap Interns work in collaboration with the clinician and other ambulatory support staff at the office location and with other disciplines to deliver quality patient care. Gap Interns are employed under the premise that the organization will employ them for 1-3 years, then transition to a medical school or physician assistant program.
THIS POSITION MAY REQUIRE WORK TO BE PERFORMED AT MULTIPLE LOCATIONS / EMPLOYEE MUST BE ABLE TO WORK/COMMUTE TO ALL SITES.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but are not limited to:
- Responsible for Scribing/Documenting office visits on a computer for clinicians.
- Responsible for cross-coverage when needed.
- May assist the clinical trainer in training new MAs and Gap Interns and retraining current MAs and Gap Interns.
- Ensures that all necessary information and materials are present for the clinician prior to the patient visit.
- Receives and communicates information through various processes, including (but not limited to) the use of computers, Intranet, e-mail, fax, and documentation in patient’s medical record. Follow HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all appropriate equipment is in good working order at the beginning of the day and that adequate supplies are available for patient procedures/visits. Ensure appropriate levels of supplies and inventory for office needs by utilizing the appropriate request system while understanding the importance of cost containment.
- Obtains and electronically records an accurate history of present illness; updates patient problem list, allergies, pharmacy, medication list, and history of skin cancer as indicated.
Instructs and teaches patients aftercare for surgical and cosmetic procedures. Ensure patients show understanding and document this in the patient’s chart.
- Assist with OSHA daily and monthly checks. Must have the ability to maintain the OSHA log correctly.
- Complete suture inventory and check rooms for expiring inventory.
- Must be willing and able to travel to brand or region practice locations to provide clinical coverage when needed. This includes providing coverage when clinicians are on vacation, as well as sick calls and PTO coverage.
Clinical Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Escorts patients to the appropriate room and accurately obtains and records history and chief complaint to practice standards.
- Prepares patient for the appointment based upon the diagnosis, procedure, and or practice protocols. Includes proper dress (gowns), proper set-ups for the procedure to be performed, etc.
- Performs proper pre-visit procedure under the direction of the clinician prior to the patient’s visit (suture removal, dressing removal).
- Must be willing to learn and perform ancillary services per practice needs, including phototherapy, xtrac, PDT, etc.
- Assist clinicians in educating patients on biologic injection protocols.
- Sterilize and package instruments.
- Ability to assist clinicians with the preparation of cosmetic procedures.
- Observe and report any abnormal symptoms or behavior to the appropriate clinician.
- Organizes and prioritizes daily work tasks to ensure the clinicians’ schedules run smoothly and all patient needs are met.
- Knowledge of laser safety and protocols.
- Utilize standard precautions in room preparation and while assisting with procedures/exams.
- Perform appropriate specimen collection (including labeling, ensuring the specimen is in the bottle, and practicing protocol).
- Records and maintains pathology logbook to ensure that all pathology reports have been properly documented.
- Provides and reviews appropriate instructions to patients regarding procedures or testing.
- Maintain confidentiality and patient rights in interactions with the patient/family and other health care workers.
- Performs suture removals or other procedures as directed by the clinician.
- Performs proper dosing and mixing of medications: Buffered Lidocaine, Kenalog, Sclerotherapy preparations, Botox- Cosmetic & Hyperhidrosis, etc.
- Provided demonstrated competency and supervisory agreement is in place, performs injections of subcutaneous and intramuscular medications.
- Seeks advice from a clinician when needed for treatment adjustment or complications.
Utilizes team leader or manager as a resource.
Research Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead clinical trials on various topical products and creams.
- Meet with patients at visits to explain the guidelines of the study.
- Help to determine if a patient meets exclusion or inclusion criteria.
- Provide patients with products and proper paperwork.
- Follow up with patients periodically and record the progress of trials with patients.
- Schedule follow-up appointments.
- Take photos of patients for before and after representation.
- Compile final results represented with PowerPoint presentations and/or graphical representation.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills are required to communicate with patients, family members, clinicians, as well as other colleagues in a positive, professional manner.
- Must possess strong problem-solving abilities and analytical skills to ensure patient needs are met.
- Must possess excellent computer skills to input and retrieve clinical information.
- Utilize critical thinking and good judgment in the performance of tasks.
- Must possess organizational skills and can multitask.
- Must be able to prioritize daily assignments to ensure smooth workflow.
How to apply
To apply for current job openings or express an interest in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email address]. Be sure to specify the position you're interested in, and our team will review your application. We appreciate your interest in the Boston Center for Plastic Surgery and look forward to potentially welcoming you to our dedicated and passionate team.
At the Boston Center for Plastic Surgery, we are committed to excellence, innovation, and delivering exceptional patient experiences. Join us in our mission to help patients look and feel their best while advancing their career in the exciting field of plastic surgery and aesthetics in one of the best cosmetic surgery markets in the USA under the leadership of a pioneer in the field, Dr. Leonard Miller.